[OpenSCAD] Abbreviations

buttim maurizio.butti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 02:18:52 EDT 2016

What you're talking about here is "autocompletion", while the main subject
is abbreviations. The two functionalities are aimed at different users.
While autocompletion helps novices which do not know or remember easily the
language constructs, abbreviations helps experts in being more productive.
The second kind of users would be quite annoyed by popups flickering around
every couple of seconds.
Actually we ended up implementing both of them, so you'll be free to chose
what you like best.
np++ uses Scintilla directly, not the QScintilla layer; so I guess reusing
portions of code would not be feasible.