[OpenSCAD] Evaluating imported STL's

Ronaldo rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:07:50 EDT 2016

Lucas,

Although in Mathematics we can apply the operators convex hull and Minkowski
sum to any set of sets. I did not saw until today how to do it in OpenSCAD.
The properties and object you have summarized open up a whole set of
possibilities to modelling with OpenSCAD. That is why a started a new thread
a while ago showing some of them and to concentrate the discussion on the
subject.

Although hull() works well with 2D, 1D and 0D objects alone, the minkowski()
on fact requires that at least one of the operands to be a real 3D object,
and possibly a manifold. This seems to be a restriction of CGAL.