[OpenSCAD] Abbreviations

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 22:23:53 EDT 2016

The various np++ (Scintilla based) language definitions recognise keywords
starting with the same letters, they show a dialogue with the options, you
just need to type the next letter, or use up/down to select. That is a much
better approach than bastardising things like k for minkowski.

http://docs.notepad-plus-plus.org/index.php/Auto_Completion

Personally I like the 'Additionally there is a setting "From X th
character", accepting a the minimum length of a prefix needed before the
completion list is shown (some people like 2, some 3, some 4...)' set to 2,
so you just type tr<tab|enter> for translate etc, that covers most
conflicting prefixes.

np++ is open source (but Windows only), but based on Scintilla, so perhaps
some of its autocomplete code (https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus) could
be harvested?