[OpenSCAD] Improve rendering speed

Ronaldo rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:05:33 EDT 2016

Parkinbot wrote
> A good way to get nice borders for the Schwarz-p even with an unrefined
> grid is to do the meshing over a slightly enlarged domain and then
> intersect with a cube ...

Done.
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n17642/Schwartz_surface_skin_0.png>
For easy comparison, I have left the top and bottom surfaces uncut. I have
refined the mesh a lot this time: it has 140000 points. The final model has
43000 polygons, subdivided in 137000 triangles with a total of 197000
vertices. It took 38min to render.

I agree, jon, this is definitely not an appropriate example for this thread.
:)

Ronaldo