[OpenSCAD] Improve rendering speed

Parkinbot rudolf at parkinbot.com
Fri Jun 10 08:43:13 EDT 2016

Hi Ronaldo,

this looks good and shows that your Frep-stuff is working well, besides that
it could profit from some (implicit) grid refining scheme near the borders.
Ok, you use the triple cosine shortcut instead of the minimal surface
calculation, but this is another theme.
To be able to print it, one would also like to have a skin extruded
structure, which was the point where my effort (and time) ended.

BTW, I used an ordinary R²->R function plot after resolving the implict
equation to z and discretrizing it over a domain restricted to the partial
symmetry. While this gives you a nice border around the top hole, you can
use union operations to repeat the rendered chuck for all symmetries with
the required orientation.