[OpenSCAD] Abbreviations

buttim maurizio.butti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 02:42:49 EDT 2016

Interesting approach. But I think you should check what's on the left of
the cursor to restrict choices. For example: if there's a 'c' the choices
should only be 'cube' and 'cylinder'; if you find 'cy' you just complete to
'cylinder' with no menu appearing. Most IDEs I've seen work that way.
Scintilla has a very nice 'wordlist completion' based on whatever is in the
document you're editing. That means you can easily complete long
identifiers hitting CTRL+ENTER. I'm thinking about trying to add this
functionality, it might be straightforward but I'm not sure.