[OpenSCAD] Abbreviations

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Wed Jun 8 10:32:48 EDT 2016

Von: "Rogier Wolff" <R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl>
> IMHO, when you work with openscad, you use the primitives to make
> modules you use. So quickly after starting a project you're no longer
> using cubes and cylinders but higher level objects that you defined...

Right, that's basically the reason why the pull request I've linked
before has 2 parts.

Autocompletion: This will probably have the built-in names first, but
should integrate later with the parser to pick up user defined modules
too.

Insert-Template: Also called snippets or similar in other editors.
This is intended to insert whole structured code snippets, e.g. for
loops but of cause could also provide simple "cube([]);" snippets.

That said, we still need to find a balance between possible features
and what is maintainable, so while I personally would find it nice
to have more advanced IDE features, it's a concern how to maintain
those in the future.

ciao,
  Torsten.