[OpenSCAD] Abbreviations

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Wed Jun 8 10:18:09 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 09:57:42AM -0400, doug moen wrote:
> Jon's response is why we need a separate config file, in order for this to
> be useable. This is a power user feature, and power users like to configure
> things.
>
> My keyboard layout is obviously different from Jon's, since I can type
> ctrl-B far more easily than hit Esc. I would personally prefer Tab for
> keyword expansion, since I'm already used to that from using the bash shell.

I'm used to "left-alt - / " to do the expansion. It expands what I've
typed so far to the closest matching string. So while editing openscad
stuff, c<leftalt-/> will probably expand to cube. Alas, not the
parentheses and brackets. To explain this some more: cl<leftalt-/>
will expand to "closest". because its' there 4 lines up.

If there is a shortcut I think I'd like alt-C to be say cube([]) with
after this the cursor inside the brackets.... Problem is that
cylinders start with a c too. :-(

IMHO, when you work with openscad, you use the primitives to make
modules you use. So quickly after starting a project you're no longer
using cubes and cylinders but higher level objects that you defined...

	Roger.