[OpenSCAD] Advice optimizing render for large object

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:27:24 EDT 2016

It took 2 hours, 32 minutes, 11 seconds on my 2.5GHz system. But got the
errors below.
The exported STL had lots of holes and degenerate faces.

Compiling design (CSG Tree generation)...
Rendering Polygon Mesh using CGAL...
ERROR: CGAL error in CGAL_Nef_polyhedron3(): CGAL ERROR: assertion
violation! Expr: e->incident_sface() != SFace_const_handle() File:
/opt/mxe/usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static/include/CGAL/Nef_S2/SM_const_decorator.h
Line: 326
Geometries in cache: 9676
Geometry cache size in bytes: 38935640
CGAL Polyhedrons in cache: 13
CGAL cache size in bytes: 316064560
Total rendering time: 2 hours, 32 minutes, 11 seconds
   Top level object is a 3D object:
   Simple:         no
   Vertices:   112591
   Halfedges:  348212
   Edges:      174106
   Halffacets: 105486
   Facets:      52743
   Volumes:        20
WARNING: Object may not be a valid 2-manifold and may need repair!
Rendering finished.