[OpenSCAD] puzzlecutlib rendering problem & STL export error Current top level object is empty.

FourthDr who_doctor at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:07:19 EDT 2016

Hi:

That was my original design. But I thought is would come apart. I finally
did get the two parts cut with dove tail and separated into 4 individual
parts for printing over the weekend using the design you suggested.

As usual, I thought to myself what if the parts don't fit? So I quickly
created a sample coin shaped part and cut it in half for a test pint.

The first print was way too tight and the two half would not join. So I
revised the design using KERF, and printed a second version.

The second revision didn't fit either, the only change with kerf of .4 was a
gap at the bottom of the female dovetail cut outs. I though kerf would add a
gap along the entire cut? But apparently not. Or could it be a problem with
the dovetail code which was not originally part of the puzzlecutlib?

So how would I adjust the fit on the two parts of kerf doesn't do it?