[OpenSCAD] STL without render?

Parkinbot rudolf at parkinbot.com
Fri Jun 3 18:09:57 EDT 2016

With  3D Fast Intersection and Distance Computation (AABB Tree)
<http://doc.cgal.org/latest/AABB_tree/index.html#aabb_tree_introduction>
CGAL has some fast built-in intersection support that also offers a
predicate to do some fast intersection testing. I don't know whether
OpenSCAD employs this package at all or data formats are compatible, but in
my eyes it is a more than obvious optimization to check for intersection
*before* invoking any costly boolean operation. Also I'd try to restrict the
operation to at least a common bounding box if the test returns true.