[OpenSCAD] Errors when operating on an STL file generated by OpenSCAD

william whareg12 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 07:22:47 EDT 2016

Thanks all for the inputs.

I am not being careful when I say the 15 fobs stl file is generated by
OpenSCAD.  It is actually based on an original single-fob STL file given to
me (I think it might have been generated by Pro-Engineer as I was told).  I
used openscad to produce fifteen copies with different names engraved.

I thought the 15-fob STL file from the OpenSCAD should be "clean" and I
should be able to do anything with it.  Perhaps the original single-fob STL
file was not "clean" and I was lucky to produce the 15-fob STL file.  And
when I tried to manipulate the 15-fob STL file with OpenSCAD, I am not
allowed.

I have attached a link to a zip file which contains the original single-fob
STL file "leecostl(final).stl" and the openscad file that could create a
similar 15-fob stl file.

http://bit.ly/1O4NwDM

William