[OpenSCAD] batch processing commands

Alex Gibson alex at alexgibson.net
Tue Sep 22 11:13:12 EDT 2015

Could you describe your new workflow with batch processing Tim?  I have been
busy with complicated projects in OpenSCAD and have come up with a workflow
that makes sense to me, but I am keen to learn any real programmers' best
practice.

I currently have a split like this:

1) Library files I use all the time in 3 groups:
	SCAD I have made
	SCAD I have borrowed from others :)
	STLS
2) Global parameters file, which contains:
	Include/use commands to bring in the above
	All my project specific measurements
	Tolerance/Fudge factors
	variables I may change
3) Sub-assembly files
	Intermediate calculated parameters
	Modules for each component in the sub-assembly
	2D rendering for any laser cut parts
4) Final assembly
	Include files for the components above
	Call the modules from the sub-assemblies, in colour where
appropriate.

Any comments or suggestions on this, and how I could fit in batch processing
where I need it?

Cheers,
Alex