[OpenSCAD] Can you suggest some libraries of standard geometry conversions?

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 11:58:20 EDT 2015

I've been working on a lib that can do a lot of what you describe, but it is
not ready for release yet  :(

I'm gonna make some remark going through your list:

ufomorace wrote
> Vector3 modules  // Vector3 in unity seems to have properties. OpenScad
> can't do properties. Besides, a vector and a point have the same
> representation, [x,y,z], so I simply treat them as points. Whatever you
> want to do with that vector, you have to use a function or module: do_what
> ( vector ).
>
> Angle	 Returns the angle in degrees between from and to.  // Got this
>
> ClampMagnitude 	Returns a copy of vector with its magnitude clamped to
> maxLength. // Got this
>
> Cross	Cross Product of two vectors. // openscad can do this
>
> Distance	Returns the distance between a and b. // Got this
>
> Dot	Dot Product of two vectors. // openscad can do this
>
> Lerp	Linearly interpolates between two vectors. // Got this
>
> LerpUnclamped	Linearly interpolates between two vectors. // Got this
>
> Max	Returns a vector that is made from the largest components of two
> vectors. // [ for(i=[0:2]) max( v1[i], v2[i] ) ]
>
> Min	Returns a vector that is made from the smallest components of two
> vectors. // [ for(i=[0:2]) min( v1[i], v2[i] ) ]
>
> MoveTowards	Moves a point current in a straight line towards a target
> point. // Got this
>
> Normalize	// Openscad can do this
>
> OrthoNormalize	Makes vectors normalized and orthogonal to each other. //
> Not quite understand but shouldn't be hard
>
> Project	Projects a vector onto another vector. // Got this
>
> ProjectOnPlane	Projects a vector onto a plane defined by a normal
> orthogonal to the plane. // Got this
>
> Reflect	Reflects a vector off the plane defined by a normal. // Got this
>
> RotateTowards	Rotates a vector current towards target. // Got this
>
> Scale	Multiplies two vectors component-wise. // ??
>
> Slerp	Spherically interpolates between two vectors. // Got this (sort of)
>
> SlerpUnclamped	Spherically interpolates between two vectors. // Got this
> (sort of)
>
> SmoothDamp	Gradually changes a vector towards a desired goal over time. //
> not this

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- libs: doctest , faces ( git ), offliner ( git );

 tips: hash( 1 , 2 ), sweep , var

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly