[OpenSCAD] Can you suggest some libraries of standard geometry conversions?

Andrew Plumb andrew at plumb.org
Sat Sep 19 11:09:57 EDT 2015

A couple of the basics are there - https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language#Mathematical_Operators <https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language#Mathematical_Operators>

- Dot-product is implicit when multiplying (the ‘*’ operation) two vectors of equal length.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language#Vector_Dot-Product_Operator <https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language#Vector_Dot-Product_Operator>

- Use the cross(v1,v2) function for cross-product of two vectors.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language#cross <https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/The_OpenSCAD_Language#cross>

I had included matrix inverse operation from the eigen library in my first attempt at including matrix operation support in OpenSCAD, but that got lost thru the major Value rewrite/re-architecting that happened a couple of years ago.

Andrew.