[OpenSCAD] In case you missed it

don bright hmbright at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 14 21:30:09 EDT 2015

Lol.. reminds me of the old saying "Never say never..."  As far as I
understand it, in theory the math model behind CGAL can guarantee "non
broken" geometry... (google for "regularized set operations", very rough
description is that it guarantees that if you start with two water-tight
objects, and perform an operation like union or difference, the result
will be a watertight object, which should propagate through the entire
object tree resulting in a water-tight overall model)

http://www.slideshare.net/hitesh915/presentation7-23624280

http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Nef_3/index.html#sectoinRegularized

But as I understand it, the theory gets a little messed up somewhere in
the thousands of lines of code in CGAL, OpenSCAD, binary floating point
conversion, re-conversion, ASCII decimal floating point conversion,
gcode, etc.

--
  don bright
  hmbright at fastmail.fm