[OpenSCAD] Irregular mesh generated

Mark Schafer mschafer at wireframe.biz
Fri Sep 11 07:11:13 EDT 2015

Hi Kit,
I would suggest loading the stl into Wings3D and then selecting the
useful faces to subdivide and add more faces/detail that way . Its an
excellent watertight modeller.
1. Select all Faces, Untriangulate
2. Select a face, Select faces with similar area
3. do a sequence of inset, bevel ops until have desired density.
4. Export

However it can't read the stl variant that openscad writes :(
  - (OpenSCAD can read the watertight stl that Wings3D generates).
So if you wanted to use it you'd have to load it into something else
first, then export as obj or stl and try another variant of the format.

I imagine Blender works as well... but not as familiar with the polygon
tools...