[OpenSCAD] Irregular mesh generated

kitwallace kit.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 03:45:27 EDT 2015

My apologies since this is only marginally an OpenSCAD question:

I had the idea of creating more organic objects by algorithmicly generating
models in OpenSCAD and then manually modifying them with Sculptris.   Aside
from the need to convert STL to OBJ (why isnt OBJ exportable BTW?) , the
models tear very easily.  This is probably because the mesh generated by
OpenSCAD contains very irregular triangles. One test case is two spheres
hulled, creating long connecting strips split into two skinny triangles.

Can anyone suggest a way of remeshing to create a more regular
triangulation.

Chris