[OpenSCAD] Working around CGAL color limitations, mesh post processing.

bobc bobcousins42 at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 5 11:38:12 EDT 2015

It sounds a little complicated, I'm not sure if it would work. Where is the
original colored mesh derived from?

I have a version of OpenSCAD which implements rendered color, it use Carve
library so is also quite a bit faster than CGAL, although several useful
features of CGAL are not supported such as hull, minkowski. It can output
multiple STLs (one per color), or an AMF with one color per volume. I would
like to add other formats such as X3D.

To guide development it would be useful to have more use cases. So if you
have any sample models, and what the output mesh is to be used for, please
let me know.