[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD2 design docs

doug moen doug at moens.org
Tue Sep 1 15:57:17 EDT 2015

I haven't touched this since July 9; I had started to make some changes to
fix design flaws in the scoping rules, but ran out of steam before I
finished incorporating that change and cleaning up the document. The worst
problem is that I started writing a new RFC called "Scoping Rules for
Scripts" but ran out of energy before I finished it. The missing text is
where I prove that the design is sound.

However, this is a small problem, relatively speaking. You are welcome to
read the document and provide feedback. I did get feedback from 2 other
people who read the whole thing (in a previous version), but none of that
feedback was transformative, in the sense of pointing out real problems, or
pointing out fundamentally better approaches. The only good transformative
feedback I've ever received was from you. So I'm interested in hearing what
you have to say.

Right now I'm working through some medical issues, and don't have a lot of
energy: mostly the problem is that my arm hurts, so I can't do large
amounts of typing right now. But I can still read, think and answer
questions.