[OpenSCAD] Semantics CSG ops with respect to color, materials

Bob Cousins bobcousins42 at googlemail.com
Sun May 31 11:07:22 EDT 2015

Thanks for the research notes, that's really useful!

b) the slic3r output does not meet AMF spec, material id ="0" is reserved
for "void", i.e. a hole. Would be worth raising a bug on that, if not
already.

f) Blender's "material" seems to be an extended surface color, perhaps like
VRML material, rather than a specification of internal properties ( I might
be wrong ).

I have been looking for source material on volumetric properties in CAD,
and not finding much. Even AMF is deficient in this regard, composite
material specification can use x,y.z coords. One article I did find was New
Trends in Computer Graphics,
http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-83492-9_22 Not sure if
it worth paying for access, seems like there would be some more recent
research?