[OpenSCAD] Semantics CSG ops with respect to color, materials

bobc bobcousins42 at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 17:15:51 EDT 2015

I'm making some slow but steady progress with a "CSG prototype", I wanted to
share some results I have got so far.

This test case looks at difference() wrt to surface and interior colors. I
have a color per triangle, as well as color per volume. Subtracting a blue
object leaves a blue face. Subtracting a volume with no color reveals the
internal color.

Openscad view :

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n12759/openscad.png>

In CSGtest :

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n12759/csgtest.png>

The top-level tree has two volumes, these are output as two volumes to AMF :

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/n12759/amftool.png>

Note the AMF output uses triangle colors, currently I don't output the
volume color (to be fixed).

I am not yet dealing with materials, that and the more tricky operations of
union and intersection are for future study :)

(Apologies if the images are excessive, I can link to image server if
preferred).