[OpenSCAD] New 3MF file format

doug moen doug at moens.org
Wed May 27 07:34:37 EDT 2015

The only version of the AMF spec that I've studied is the 0.47 draft from
this URL:

http://creativemachines.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/AMF_V0.47.pdf

If there are substantive differences in the $49 version, I have no way of
finding about them. The legal risks involved in obtaining the actual
standard sound too high. If I create a context diff comparing 0.47 with
1.0, I'm breaking the law. On the other hand, most of the other people
implementing AMF are probably also basing their implementation on V0.47, so
whatever text happens to be in the pay version of the AMF standard probably
doesn't matter all that much.

I agree that Microsoft has done a better job, in making their standard
freely available and explicitly royalty free.