[OpenSCAD] Semantics CSG ops with respect to color, materials

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Sat May 23 21:16:31 EDT 2015

Peter Falke wrote
> Please be aware that a nozzle like Diamond Hotend does not do a color
> mixing.
> There is no mixing chamber.
> The 3 colors meet in the center and come out together like toothpaste, one
> color one one side.

I'm still doing my research. That can still be useful for different material
properties, such as ABS & NinjaFlex to have variable flexibility.

So for colours in this discussion, say the one  here
<http://reprap.org/mediawiki/images/a/a5/Pia-taubert-material-mixing-report.pdf>
(skip to [pdf page num] 32 if you don't want history of 3D printing, or pg
18 if you want to read about colour theory). It uses active mixing ie
motorised.

It also proposes a G-code method to control multiple extruders at varying
rates of output. Basically all the extruder ratios (0-1) add up to 1, and
they are extruded at those rates to the overall E extrude number, at any
point in time. See pg 40+.

So when such a technique progresses some means of representing those ratios
in the material specification is needed.

-----
Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain; To the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work. This work is published globally via the internet. :) Inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.

The TPP is no simple “trade agreement.”   Fight it! http://www.ourfairdeal.org/