[OpenSCAD] Terrain modeling

fluidity rael at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 22 16:37:47 EDT 2015

Polyhedron is very fast with my version 2014.10.02
I had originally made solids with multiple polyhedron statements and
successfully printed off the result with mattercontrol but then was
investigating an issue after some time and discovered my models had multiple
intersecting vertices. After converting my code to make a single polyhedron
with a superset of all data, I found my renders were changed from hour long
to a few seconds. Now I routinely run renders with 100,000 + facets and get
times of around a minute or less.