[OpenSCAD] Semantics CSG ops with respect to color, materials

biskero biskero at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:27:38 EDT 2015

Ciao Doug,

thanks for the answer.
As I am approaching 3D printing I put my mind is thinking of "layers" more
than objects/volume as 3d printing is based on layers.
Now you could go further and say one layer can be done with multiple
color/material but that's more an extension. But the base are layers.

Here is a great example on why this "layer thinking" in 3D is important:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbuu7UD2GVk

Carbon Fiber, Nylon, Kevlar, Fiber Glass and more materials are printed to
get production parts.
I am working on a project that is based on using Carbon Fiber and Nylon
filaments and need to layer these materials in a logical way to achieve the
strength I want on different parts of the object.

Alessandro