[OpenSCAD] Semantics CSG ops with respect to color, materials

biskero biskero at gmail.com
Fri May 22 04:45:37 EDT 2015

Ciao,

I read the thread and looks very interesting. I am new here so hopefully I
am not out of space in what I say! :)
I am building a large 3D printer with multi materials and I am interested in
a Openscad solution to this.

So the first idea that would come to my mind is to have multi material per
different layers based on a simple %. Let say you have an object with hight
or thickness of 10mm, I would specify to have 25% layers alternate the
materials between the one you choose. Does it make sense?

Right know I have a very large object 1000mm and I need to alternate 2 or 3
materials based on layers so that I would have a sandwich of 3 layers with 3
materials.

Isn't the AMF format suitable for that?
Thanks in advance!