[OpenSCAD] Coordinate flips between right/left-handed

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:59:46 EDT 2015

I notice that the coordinate in the preview window sometimes flips between
right-handed and left handed during rotation (by mouse). The coordinate
symbol on the left-bottom corner flips as well:
         z                             |                              |
o------ y             /                            /
x                    z                             |
|                          o------ x             /
/                        y
In some of my designs, the handedness is crucial. Flipping in the middle of
rotation is annoying. The data inside as well as calculation involved
remains correct (took me a while to verify that), but it just looks wrong
sometimes, and looks right sometimes.

Is it a bug or by design ? I can't see the benefit of this flipping.

Observed with OpenSCAD linux 64 in both of the following versions:

 -- 2015.03
 -- 2015.04.16.nightly (git 4d3800c)

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )

$ -- hash parameter model: here , here

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly