[OpenSCAD] Visually and by inspecting code: surface looks perfect - But: "Object may not be a valid 2-manifold and may need repair"

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Mon May 18 16:28:41 EDT 2015

On May 18, 2015, at 12:19 PM, kaefert at gmail.com wrote:

> I've attached another version where you can't find any magenta
> polygons when pressing F12 but still get this error. Any more ideas?

I think it’s because your propeller blades touch part of the surface of the hub. This could create non-manifold geometry. In some cases, it’s just a warning since the non-manifoldness goes away when converting down to floating point coordinates, but our analysis is done with infinite resolution.
Analyzing and potentially repairing such issues after rendering is on the wishlist..

 -Marius