[OpenSCAD] Visually and by inspecting code: surface looks perfect - But: "Object may not be a valid 2-manifold and may need repair"

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Mon May 18 11:43:00 EDT 2015

On May 18, 2015, at 06:51 AM, kaefert at gmail.com wrote:

> Could someone help me? I've tried for a few hours myself but could not
> find a workaround.

The inner end of your screwprop isn’t closed properly; you have some reversed polygons.
If you put an exclamation mark in front of an object, you can render that object alone, e.g.:

  !screwprop(65, mitte_innen_oben/2, 4, 10);

If you then turn on Throwntogether mode (F12), you can see reversed polygons colored magenta.

 -Marius