[OpenSCAD] eval( ) ???

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Mon May 18 00:43:35 EDT 2015

G. Wade Johnson wrote
> OpenSCAD /programs/ (I'll use the term loosely) are not executing. They
> are describing a physical shape. The result of the program is static,
> there is no real concept of time in the code. If OpenSCAD were designed
> as a more traditional language, the programmer would likely make
> assumptions based on their understanding of how programs execute in
> time. This causes a fairly significant disconnect in the mental model
> of how the code works.

Indeed the openscad language itself doesn't consider time. However, the
existence of $t and animation feature seems to show that dynamic modeling
is in the mind of openscad.

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )

$ -- hash parameter model: here , here

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly