[OpenSCAD] eval( ) ???

. . rael at xtra.co.nz
Sun May 17 01:41:06 EDT 2015

I know 'God' is faith based, but application specific too? tut tut tut....{}

     On Wednesday, 13 May 2015 10:58 PM, jon <jon at jonbondy.com> wrote:

   Oh, god.  Please do not head towards Visual Basic.

 On 5/13/2015 12:56 AM, runsun wrote:

 Indeed. A first class function will work pretty well in cases like I post above.

Just thought of something. Since in openscad, parameters and functions are stored in different places:

    abc=3;
    function abc()=...;

Assigning abc to a parameter, if possible, will be confusing:

    x = abc; // function or parameter?

A possible way out of this is like what Visual Basic does:

    x = something; // assign parameter
    set x = something; // assign object

That is, set for object assignment. In openscad, could be function or module assignment. Not sure how expensive it is though.
   $ Runsun Pan, PhD
 $ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github, Thingiverse )
 $ -- hash parameter model: here, here
 $ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64 + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly

 No virus found in this message.