[OpenSCAD] eval( ) ???

doug moen doug at moens.org
Sat May 16 01:19:27 EDT 2015


runsun said:
Talking about this, I've been wondering why OpenSCAD doesn't have
associative
array like {angle:30,r:3}.

It's not like OpenSCAD doesn't need it. The existence of lookup() and
search() seems to show that we do have such a need.

---
I agree. Thanks for mentioning this; I will make sure to incorporate this
idea.

runsun also said:
I'd also like to see the possibility of
local functions inside a function. Maybe like this:

   function f ()=
       let( function insider()=... )
       do something with insider()
---
Nested functions are definitely part of the plan.

On 15 May 2015 at 14:37, runsun <runsun at gmail.com> wrote:

> kintel wrote
> > There are a number of projects doing this by implementing API front-ends
> > for various programming languages, and generate OpenSCAD code.
>
> Talking about this, I've been wondering why OpenSCAD doesn't have
> associated
> array like {angle:30,r:3}.
>
> It's not like OpenSCAD doesn't need it. The existence of lookup() and
> search() seems to show that we do have such a need.
>
>
> kintel wrote
> > Also, in the ongoing language revision discussions, one of the possible
> > features we’re discussing is to allow functions to return shapes (i.e.
> > unify the concept of functions and modules). This would make it possible
> > for programmers to abstract away some of the things which has to be
> > explicit today.
>
> Cool. That would be a quantum leap. I'd also like to see the possibility of
> local functions inside a function. Maybe like this:
>
>    function f ()=
>        let( function insider()=... )
>        do something with insider()
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
>
> $  Runsun Pan, PhD
>
> $ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )
>
> $ -- hash parameter model: here , here
>
> $ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://forum.openscad.org/eval-tp12627p12656.html
> Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> _______________________________________________
> OpenSCAD mailing list
> Discuss at lists.openscad.org
> http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openscad.org/pipermail/discuss_lists.openscad.org/attachments/20150516/e26667fa/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the Discuss mailing list