[OpenSCAD] eval( ) ???

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:37:07 EDT 2015

kintel wrote
> There are a number of projects doing this by implementing API front-ends
> for various programming languages, and generate OpenSCAD code.

Talking about this, I've been wondering why OpenSCAD doesn't have associated
array like {angle:30,r:3}.

It's not like OpenSCAD doesn't need it. The existence of lookup() and
search() seems to show that we do have such a need.

kintel wrote
> Also, in the ongoing language revision discussions, one of the possible
> features we’re discussing is to allow functions to return shapes (i.e.
> unify the concept of functions and modules). This would make it possible
> for programmers to abstract away some of the things which has to be
> explicit today.

Cool. That would be a quantum leap. I'd also like to see the possibility of
local functions inside a function. Maybe like this:

   function f ()=
       let( function insider()=... )
       do something with insider()

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )

$ -- hash parameter model: here , here

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly