[OpenSCAD] eval( ) ???

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Thu May 14 21:47:05 EDT 2015

On May 14, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Carsten Arnholm <arnholm at arnholm.org> wrote:

> Anyway, this was just my thoughts. OpenSCAD has made decisions long ago, which I respect. Perhaps one could keep the OpenSCAD language limited and use it as an intermediate representation generated by the kind of object oriented language I am dreaming of :-)

There are a number of projects doing this by implementing API front-ends for various programming languages, and generate OpenSCAD code.

Also, in the ongoing language revision discussions, one of the possible features we’re discussing is to allow functions to return shapes (i.e. unify the concept of functions and modules). This would make it possible for programmers to abstract away some of the things which has to be explicit today.

 -Marius