[OpenSCAD] two bugs

jon jon at jonbondy.com
Thu May 14 11:40:59 EDT 2015

If you compile the following code with F5 you will get a part of a mold
that I am designing.  You will have to revise the "import" code so that
it can see the STL that I have attached.

Bug 1: if you align the visualization as shown in the screen shot, there
is a "ghost" that is sometimes visible.  This can be confusing and
distracting: is it really there or not?

Bug 2: if you now compile with F6, the mold disappears and a triangular
solid appears.  The "difference" has vanished.  So, the mold is
effectively useless.

Jon

===

th = 10;
rch = 0.1;
maxX = 47.1/2;
maxY = 28.3/2;
minX = -maxX;
minY = -maxY;
maxXth = maxX + th;
maxYth = maxY + th;
minXth = minX - th;
minYth = minY - th;

module Lock() {
     translate([minX, minY, 0])
         import ("d:/stl files/enigma lock for mold.stl");
     }

  BotM1();

module P1() {
     polygon(points=[[0, 0], [minXth, minYth], [minXth, maxYth]],
paths=[[0, 1, 2]]);
     }

module BotM1() {
     difference() {