[OpenSCAD] minkowski - how to keep exact dimensions

arnholm at arnholm.org arnholm at arnholm.org
Thu May 7 07:05:11 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-07 09:30, Stefan Krister wrote:
> Step by step in a for loop I sliced (via an intersection) the long
> object and got many slices. Then I rotate each slice and transform it
> the right place along a circle.

Not sure how that works and it sounds complicated. I admit the result
looks good, though....

I guess what would be really cool is to perform all modelling just like
you did in some other 3d parameter space, and then simply describe how
the 3d parameter space transforms into ordinary 3d cartesian space. In
this case the parameter space would be cylindrical...

Carsten Arnholm