[OpenSCAD] new "Special Variable"?

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Thu May 7 02:46:16 EDT 2015

That is all well & good for use with a VCS, but the OP wants access to the
filename for a GUI generated model.

Basically the filename, the date and time when F5/6 is performed, and the
already available version() would be sufficient to do basic version
stamping, so the model is marked with the version.

You could go one step further and append a predefined variable to the "solid
OpenSCAD_Model" line in the exported STL (and presumably equivalent spots in
other formats). i.e

$Version = str($fname,","$datetime,":",version());  // $version value if
defined gets appended.

That would be very handy to make sure you have the version you are looking
for.

These are not the versions you are looking for...

-----
Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain; To the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work. This work is published globally via the internet. :) Inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.

The TPP is no simple “trade agreement.”   Fight it! http://www.ourfairdeal.org/