[OpenSCAD] new "Special Variable"?

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Wed May 6 16:19:40 EDT 2015

I believe the requests about echo() are simply to have an option to turn off
the printing of "ECHO: ", which has no effect at all to those who don't need
it to be turned off.

The difference between that and the "printf()" is that, printf() can be
achieved by user function easily ( I can write one if needed), so having
openscad to include something like printf() is not that critical.

But the print out of "ECHO: " is something you can't overcome with user
function in openscad.

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )

$ -- hash parameter model: here , here

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly