[OpenSCAD] new "Special Variable"?

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:01:31 EDT 2015

Ivo wrote
> With all this meta information available, it would be nice to get rid of
> the "echo" in echo()

+100 !!

Ivo wrote
> and be able to format stuff prettier. I'd like to be able to generate
> openscad files in openscad.

My  OpenSCAD_DocTest lib <https://github.com/runsun/openscad_doctest>   can
write formatted code to the console. It's, in fact, making use of OpenSCAD's
own features. So OpenSCAD can do some type of formatting.

Recently I recoded my lib to be able to generate html page. See  here
<http://doctestscad.runsun.info/doctest_tool_api.htm>   for example. The
webpage is dynamic and entirely generated by OpenSCAD, including HTML, CSS
and Javascript. The only post-process I need is to get rid of the unwanted
"ECHO: ". (see my  python code
<http://forum.openscad.org/Sharing-Dump-echo-output-to-a-file-td12529.html>
for this purpose).

So it seems that OpenSCAD is already capable of doing what you want.

BTW, can you give an example usage of generating openscad files in openscad
?

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )

$ -- hash parameter model: here , here

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly