[OpenSCAD] new "Special Variable"?

arnholm at arnholm.org arnholm at arnholm.org
Wed May 6 08:25:04 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-06 00:31, jellsworth wrote:
> * Maybe there is a way to also accommodate the leading version control
> systems, or at least git. Now that would be a productive discussion!

I have used several version control systems.

OpenSCAD is no different than any other programming environment where
the user's code is stored in text files. OpenSCAD files are already
accommodated in any system like git, bazaar, subversion, hg, you name it
(perforce, etc. etc.). Personally I use Bazaar, but anything goes.

I don't think it is the responsibility of OpenSCAD to do anything in
this area.

Carsten Arnholm