[OpenSCAD] new "Special Variable"?

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:48:28 EDT 2015

Also, I'd like to have *$date* and *$now*.

OpenSCAD version is based on date, which I like very much. I've not seen any
other program do so. Very often I find a program on the net, it says version
2.3.1 or something, but who knows it could be as old as 20 years back.

Using date/time immediately gives a sense of how recent the program is. I'd
prefer it that way. Before I start using git, I labeled my "versions" by
dates like 20150503-1. Year always up front so they can be sorted.

Another usage of *$date* and *$now*: logging --- if you want to output echo
to a file for logging purpose.

yvette wrote
> hi,
>
> any way we can get the filename(s) being built stuffed into a special
> variable?
>
> like, say, $fileName?  or $fileNameArray?

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD

$ -- OpenScad_DocTest: doc and unit test ( Github , Thingiverse  )

$ -- hash parameter model: here , here

$ -- Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca x64  + OpenSCAD 2015.03.15/2015.04.01.nightly