[OpenSCAD] new "Special Variable"?

Yvette S. Hirth, CCP, CDP yvette at dbtgroup.com
Tue May 5 15:08:29 EDT 2015

On 05/05/2015 11:33 AM, G. Wade Johnson wrote:

> I use a real version control system for this (currently, git) But then,
> I'm a programmer, so version control makes sense.

well gee gosh, i've been a programmer since 1967, i.e., for 48 years,
and personally, i loathe version control systems.

> Every system I've used in the past with special names or strings built
> in to the text has failed because of the extra, independent manual
> process of updating it.

which is what i'm trying to avoid.

> So I use a tool built for that purpose.

you use the tool you want; i'll use the tool i want.

also, for ec/code stamping of large, complicated products with lots to
engineer, one could stomp the entire filename into a piece.  can't do
that with version control.

yvette