[OpenSCAD] Preserve "holes" in module objects

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at gmail.com
Fri May 1 23:27:36 EDT 2015

you know, I have wondered this too.
I come from a OO programming background.

I kinda consider a module as an object (sort of). And it would be nice if
whatever the module "produced" remained intact.
So, If I made a union() with that module, it would add whatever the module
produced to the final result.
Same with difference(), whatever the module "produced" would be
differenced() (if it was second ... n in line of course)
etc.

Is that what you are looking for?

Jerry

--
Extra Ham Operator: K7AZJ
Registered Linux User: 275424

*The most exciting phrase to hear in science - the one that heralds new
discoveries - is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny...".*- Isaac. Asimov

*I*
*f you give someone a program, you will frustrate them for a day; if you
teach them how to program, you will frustrate them for a lifetime. *-
Anonymous

*If writing good code requires very little comments, then writing really
excellent code requires no comments at all!*- Ken Thompson