[OpenSCAD] New 3MF file format

doug moen doug at moens.org
Fri May 1 17:10:44 EDT 2015

FRAND, as you describe it, is option 1 of Appendix A. The option used by
3MF is option 2, which is royalty free.

FRAND is a minefield because you have to pay license fees for implementing
the standard, and the negotiations over that have led to law suits, as
described by your link. But 3MF uses a royalty-free model in which you
don't pay license fees for implementing the standard.