[OpenSCAD] New 3MF file format

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Fri May 1 11:44:22 EDT 2015

I didn’t read the spec either, but my earlier information on the topic tells me that Microsoft did indeed build their own sandbox, using an XML-based packaging format which includes support for DRM, to ensure that people having access to 3MF files cannot access the content if they don’t have the correct license.
Microsoft released the format spec under an NDA ca. 2 years ago, but I didn’t sign or look at it for obvious reasons.

Let’s see when the reference implementation arrives, and we get to know what Microsoft’s definition of “cross-platform code” is :)

 -Marius