[OpenSCAD] bend a pipe/tube

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Wed Apr 29 10:31:56 EDT 2015

On Apr 29, 2015, at 05:57 AM, biskero <biskero at gmail.com> wrote:

> But I wanted to do it with a cylinder (in my case is a tube of oval section)
> and apply a curve/bend at certain point to have one section straight and
> rest shaped with that curve/bend.

There was a very similar feature request for this a while back:
https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/815

This is not something we’re working on right now, but if you have any ideas to contribute to that discussion, it would help us deciding exactly what features are needed when we eventually decide to implement it.

The alternative right now is to start from 2D. The toothed belt example provides an easy mechanism for describing paths:
https://github.com/openscad/list-comprehension-demos#toothed-beltscad

If you decide to go that way, it would be very helpful if you could describe what you’re doing and why - that would help us create better helper tools for allowing people to design similar objects. ..and even include a demo based on your work and experiences.

 -Marius