[OpenSCAD] Benchmark, recommended .scad's

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 19:44:23 EDT 2015

I'm getting close to cutting over to my new PC.

I just need to install the graphics card, but I am testing with the built-in
Intel graphics first.

It seems relatively fast ATM.

Does anyone have suggestions for challenging (not earth stopping) code which
could be considered for benchmark comparison across my current PC (core2
2.53 GHz 4GB SSD Ion Graphics), my new one (i7 quad 3.4-3.9 GHz 16GB RAID
SSD Intel Graphics), and ditto plus a medium range Graphics card (ASUS
GeForce GTX 750 Ti Strix 2GB).

Perhaps I could build a consistent set of performance test code for use
across versions. Code exploiting different aspects of OpenSCAD internals. ??

I'm not talking about many hours of rendering, but ~2 hours max could work
if it was recommended for a particular a reason.

I'm starting with some of the examples. (#24)

-----
Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain; To the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work. This work is published globally via the internet. :) Inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.

The TPP is no simple “trade agreement.”   Fight it! http://www.ourfairdeal.org/