[OpenSCAD] Using scale with linear_extrusion for hexagon

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:39:12 EDT 2015

Your post is still flagged as "This post has NOT been accepted by the
mailing list yet", so nobody gets it unless they look. You need to subscribe
to the  mailing list
<http://forum.openscad.org/mailing_list/MailingListOptions.jtp?forum=1>  ,
and respond to the registration email.

re "extrude honeycomb structure which is compressed by x axis"

Sorry but I'm not getting what you are trying to do.

The scale=[0,1] means X will taper to an infinitely small size, forming the
wedge shape you have.

Perhaps scale=[0.25,0.25] will get you a tapered hex. But as I said, not
sure what your after.

-----
Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain; To the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work. This work is published globally via the internet. :) Inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.

The TPP is no simple “trade agreement.”   Fight it! http://www.ourfairdeal.org/