[OpenSCAD] Compiling for 64 bit Sparc Solaris 10

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Sun Apr 19 18:44:49 EDT 2015

Hi!

On 04/19/2015 08:49 PM, Michele wrote:
> I have now installed a bunch of Qt packages from Opencsw.  This was
> apparently enough for Octave's installer (which also uses Qt) to find and
> not complain about.  However, the Openscad check-dependencies script still
> says it can't find Qt4.

This is just a helper script, it's not a precondition for the build
to work. If Qt not installed in a known/default location, the script
will not find it, but the build still could work.

> Can someone please tell me *where* it's looking for Qt?  Or is there some
> env variable I need to set to point to Qt?

It should be enough to call the correctly installed (inside the matching
Qt version) qmake in the folder where the openscad.pro is stored, e.g.

cd /home/openscad                 <- the source code folder
/my/very/special/qt/bin/qmake	  <- just call correct qmake

I'm not sure if that's still working, but you can also try editing the
openscad.pro file to comment out the new editor (add the #):

#CONFIG += scintilla

This should allow to compile without the new editor, allowing to postpone
the installation of the QScintilla library.

ciao,
   Torsten.